Today, we kickstart a new series called “The 6ix Councillors” where I try to find out more about the councillors who run the City of Toronto.
Our first councillor represents Ward 19: Trinity-Spadina, and his dad is Toronto legend Jack Layton, I am pleased to have on the show with me Councillor Michael Layton!
Interview with Michael Layton
Below are the questions I asked the Councillor and the time in the recording in which each question was asked:
- (00:28) How has the Trinity-Spadina riding changed over the 25+ years you’ve lived there?
- (01:30) What is your earliest politics related memory?
- (03:29) Why should we care about the environment?
- (04:51) What do you have to say to people that are skeptical about climate change and the cost it takes to implement green initiatives?
- (07:55) What is Council doing to make Toronto more sustainable?
- (10:29) Car vs Public Transit vs Bike…how can Torontonians collectively improve their commute?
- (13:17) What do you think has been your greatest achievement so far as City Councillor?
- (15:27) What piece of advice from your dad, the great Jack Layton, has stuck with you to this day?
- (18:14) Do you see yourself running for higher office, such as being an MPP, or MP in the future?